- In a bowl, crumble the bread and add to the beaten egg. Set aside, but mix occasionally, until the bread has absorbed all the egg.
- Add the turkey mince, onion, carrot, garlic and pepper to the egg and bread then mix well.
- Form into 8 burgers (approx 8cm diameter and 2½cm thick) and put on a plate or tray, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, but an hour or two is better.
- Grill the burgers for 6-8 minutes on each side, ensuring they are fully cooked.
- Toast the buns, if desired, and build your burgers with the lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Spice up your burgers with a pinch of chilli flakes or 1 tsp ground cumin. Or add herbs such as thyme or rosemary.
- For a festive zest, add 1 tbsp dried cranberries to the burger mix.
- Freezing instructions: Can be frozen raw or cooked. Freeze in individually wrapped portions with greaseproof paper between each burger. Defrost fully in the fridge or microwave and heat thoroughly until piping-hot and cooked right through.