- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the garlic, cumin, ginger and chilli powder, fry for 2 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and continue to fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over the stock and add the chickpeas, apricots and tomatoes, bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender.
- Stir in the harissa paste and season with plenty of black pepper.
- Serve the vegetables over freshly prepared couscous, sprinkle with coriander and serve.
- Serve with couscous, rice or flat bread and plenty of salad.
- If you don’t have harissa paste, you could use a little more chilli and/or garlic plus half tsp dried mint and a good squeeze of lemon.
- In place of apricots, you could use raisins or sultanas.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat thoroughly until piping-hot throughout.