- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Put the oil onto a baking sheet, add the vegetables and sprinkle with the cumin and pepper and toss together well so all the vegetables are coated.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, jumbling around a couple of times throughout to ensure even cooking.
- Meanwhile, to make the satay sauce add the onion to a pan with the garlic, chilli and 150ml water and bring to the boil. Simmer 5 minutes until the onion is soft. Gradually stir in the cornflour and keep stirring until it thickens. Add the peanut butter, soy sauce and honey and blend until smooth.
- For the salad, mix together the cucumber and spring onion, sprinkle with coriander and a squeeze of lime to serve.
- You could cut the vegetables into smaller pieces, thread onto skewers and grill or BBQ to serve with the satay sauce and salad.
- Works well with roasted root vegetables, eg pumpkin, fennel, beetroot. The satay sauce is great with chicken.
- Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat thoroughly until piping hot throughout.