- Heat the grill to high.
- Place the pepper halves, skin side up, onto a baking tray and place under the grill until blackened, then place in a plastic bag, seal and set aside to cool,
- Grill the bacon until crisp, then chop into small pieces.
- Remove the peppers from the bag, peel off and discard the skin then slice the flesh into strips.
- Toss together with all the other salad ingredients.
- Mix together the oil and vinegar and drizzle over the salad. Serve topped with a few Parmesan cheese shavings.
- For a veggie or vegan alternative, add thinly sliced sundried tomatoes in place of bacon and use a Parmesan alternative.
- This is excellent cold as part of a packed lunch.