- Cook the gnocchi as per packet instructions (usually about 1-2 minutes in boiling water). They're ready as soon as they float to the top.
- Drain and lightly toss in the oil. Sprinkle with the poppy seeds, ensuring they're evenly coated. Set aside.
- To make the swamp juice, cook the peas and drain. Meanwhile, steam the spinach and remove any remaining water.
- Add the peas, spinach, mint and milk to a pan and bring to boiling point. Remove from the heat and blend to a smooth sauce.
- Place the sauce into a dish and add the gnocchi. Use cocktail sticks to serve.
- You could use other herbs, such as basil or parsley, if you don’t have mint. Add a little chilli or curry paste if you want to spice it up a bit.
- This makes excellent canapes to pass around. There are usually around 30 gnocchi in a pack. Serve with cocktail sticks.
- You can serve the sauce hot or cold. A tomato sauce would also work well with the gnocchi, too.