Membership email prize draw competition
By entering the free prize draw to win 1 Diabetes UK face covering (the “Prize Draw”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
The promoter of the Prize Draw is The British Diabetic Association operating as Diabetes UK (English charity no. 215199 and Scottish charity no. SC039136) Wells Lawrence House, 126 Back Church Lane, London E1 1FH (“Diabetes UK”).
- Participants must be at least 18 years old to enter and legally resident in the UK.
- Employees or contractors of Diabetes UK and their immediate families and members of households, and anyone else connected in any way with the Prize Draw are not eligible to take part.
- You must supply full details as required by the online entry form and must have a valid email address to participate.
- Diabetes UK reserves the right to require any participant to prove that he or she meets the entry requirements in these Terms and Conditions and is eligible to participate in the Prize Draw.
How to Enter
- The Prize Draw will open on Friday 4 December 2020. The Prize Draw will close on Thursday 31 December 2020. After this time no further entries to the Prize Draw will be permitted.
- Entry to the Prize Draw is free. No purchase or donation to Diabetes UK is necessary to enter the Prize Draw.
- To enter the Prize Draw you must complete the Prize Draw entry form online. Diabetes UK accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants may submit one entry per person only.
Prize on Offer
- There are 10 prizes on offer which each consist of one Diabetes UK face covering.
- The prize is non-transferable. Diabetes UK reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater value, or at Diabetes UK’s sole discretion, the cash value of the prize, if this is necessary for reasons beyond Diabetes UK’s reasonable control.
- The prize includes costs to deliver the prize to an address in the UK.
How the winner will be chosen
- The winner of the Prize Draw will be drawn at random by computer from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received before the closing date and time. The draw will take place within two working days of the closing date.
- The winner will be notified within 20 working days of the draw using the email address provided on the entry form.
- In the event that contact with a winner cannot be made within 15 working days of the draw date or the winner is found not to meet the entry requirements in these Terms and Conditions, Diabetes UK reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and to award the prize to another participant who will be drawn at random by computer.
Publicity and Data Protection
- For one month from the closing date of the Prize Draw, we will make available on request, information that indicates that a valid draw has taken place. Such a request can be made by sending a letter and stamped address envelope to Meg Burke, Diabetes UK, Wells Lawrence House, 126 Back Church Lane, London E1 1FH. Unless the winner has requested otherwise, this information will be the surname and county of the winner. Diabetes UK may also have to provide details of the winner of the Prize Draw to the Advertising Standards Authority, in the event such information is requested.
- Your data will be retained by Diabetes UK for six months after which it will be securely deleted.
- Diabetes UK reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without notice, by posting changes to this webpage.
- Diabetes UK reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Prize Draw in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Prize Draw is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Diabetes UK that could affect the normal course of the Prize Draw.
- Neither Diabetes UK nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by Diabetes UK to provide the prize that may lead to loss or damage of the prize in transit to the winner.
- Save where it has been negligent, Diabetes UK will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Prize Draw or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Prize Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Diabetes UK’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Prize Draw in a manner, which in Diabetes UK‘s reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants may be rejected from the Prize Draw at Diabetes UK’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Prize Draw, Diabetes UK may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Prize Draw as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
- All of Diabetes UK’s decisions in relation to the winner of the Prize Draw are final and Diabetes UK will not enter into any correspondence with participants.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions.