Join us online to hear from experts, healthcare professionals and people living with type 1 diabetes as they guide you through the technology available for the condition, how to access it and where to find further support.
This conference is for people living with type 1 diabetes, parents of children with type 1 diabetes, carers and healthcare professionals who want to understand how tech might make a difference to them.
The event, first organised by Diabetes UK Cymru in partnership with the Diabetes Research Unit Cymru and Swansea University started in 2018. This year, the conference is hosted by Diabetes UK online and focuses on improving access to diabetes technology as well as the challenges and opportunities posed by COVID-19.
When: Saturday, 14 November, 10.30am to 2.30pm, World Diabetes Day special
Where: Zoom and YouTube
- Dai Williams, National Director Diabetes UK (Wales)
- Liz Perraudin, Senior Policy Officer, Diabetes UK
- Dr Rose Stewart, NHS Wales and Diabetes UK Clinical Champion
- Dr Alistair Lumb, Consultant in Diabetes/Acute and General Medicine at Oxford University Hospitals, NHS Trust
- Geraldine Galen, Senior Diabetes Specialist Nurse, Kings College Hospital
- Professor May Ng, Honorary Associate Professor at University of Liverpool & Consultant Paediatric Endocrinologist at Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust
- Dr Emma Wilmott, Consultant Diabetologist at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
- Mel Stephenson-Gray, Dietician and Diabetes UK Ambassador
- Adults and children living with type 1 diabetes
If you have any questions, please contact the Wales office at firstname.lastname@example.org.