Our Community champions raise awareness of Type 2 diabetes
Could you donate your time to raise awareness of diabetes?
We need your help make a difference to the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in London living with diabetes. Diabetes UK London offers fundraising andvolunteering opportunitiesto suit you.
We have a variety of volunteer roles to suit many interests and a variety of skills and backgrounds.
- Raise awareness of diabetes as anevent volunteerthrough helping out at our roadshows and other health awareness events.
- Participate in theSpeaker Schemeby delivering awareness talks and sharing information with the public.
- Become aCommunity Championand raise awareness of diabetes and promote healthy lifestyles to people in diverse communities.
- Become aMake the Grade Service Championand work alongside our Influencing Manager to help make sure children with diabetes are getting the care they need in schools
- Join one of ourlocal groupsor start your own. Most meet monthly and give individuals the opportunity to get support for their diabetes, fundraise, hear talks from external speakers and much more.
- Campaign throughDiabetes Voices orpromote your personal storythrough being a media volunteer.
- Give your time as anoffice volunteerand be involved in organising events, providing admin support, researching and gathering information or supporting our Helpline team.
- Attend training and networking events to develop your skills for your volunteer role and meet like-minded and passionate volunteers.
… and much more.
If you would like to make a difference, get involved, receive further details or have any questions then pleasecontact usto find out more.