If there’s an area of diabetes services that you are passionate about, why not start your own local campaign? We can advise you on recommended reading, how to influence the NHS, who you need to contact and what you can do to make a difference.
How to start your own campaign
1.Consider an area of diabetes services you think can be improved, for example;
- Trouble accessing an insulin pump
- Having problems getting your medication on time
- Finding it difficult to have a say in your healthcare
- Better education for people with diabetes
- Lack of diabetes nurses in your area
- Not receiving the care you deserve
2. See what some of our other volunteers have achievedthrough their campaigning
3.Get in touch with usand we will give you all the help and guidance you need
4. Get started!
Or help with one of our existing campaigns, here's how -
- Join a local committee, for example your Patient Reference Group
- Online campaigning on Facebook, Twitter or a blog
- Talk to Healthcare Professionals about how they may be able to help
- Attend Diabetes Voices training with us
- Write to your Assembly Member
- Write to another decision maker such as your Local Health Board or hospital
- Attend an event
- Meet with your Assembly Member
You can also take part in Diabetes Watch, our online survey. We run several surveys throughout the year on a variety of topics and if you’ve signed up toDiabetes Voices, we will let you know when a new survey is open.
Make sure youkeep in touchand let us know what’s going on in your local area. We have a greater impact if we work together and can let you know of other campaigners in your area.
We are here to help!