The Young People With Diabetes group aims to improve our understanding of diabetes in children and young adults. This is a joint group with the British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (BSPED) and the National Institute for Health Research Clinical Research Network (NIHR CRN). It will consider all aspects of diabetes in children and young adults.
If you would like to share your views with the group on where research into children’s diabetes should be focussed, please get in touch: email@example.com
Chair: Associate Professor May Ng
Associate Professor, University of Liverpool
Consultant Paediatric Endocrinologist and Associate Medical Director, Southport and Ormskirk NHS Trust
Chair of Association of Children’s Diabetes Clinicians UK
May Ng is also the Officer for Research for the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and has led on many national diabetes guidelines. With over 100 research publications, her interest include Cochrane reviews, new diabetes technologies and research that benefits improving the psychological and emotional well-being of children with diabetes.
The Diabetes Research Steering Groups are bringing together researchers, healthcare professionals and people with diabetes to create a roadmap for new research.
- Peter Davies, Lay member
- Laura Acklam, Lay member
- Anthony Rooney, Lay member
- Katie Lamb, Lay member
- Martha Mills Perkins, Lay member
- Ellie Rose Huckle, Lay member
- Dr Hasan Basarir, Health Economist, RTI Solutions
- Sara Bennett, Paediatric Research Nurse, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Fiona Campbell, Consultant Paediatric Diabetologist, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Dr Vijith Puthi, Consultant Paediatrician, North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Timothy Barrett, Leonard Parsons Professor of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Birmingham
- Dr Neil Hopper, Consultant Paediatrician, Sunderland Royal Hospital
- Leah Thomas, Paediatric Diabetes Specialist Nurse