The NIHR CRN: Children/BSPED Children’s Diabetes Clinical Studies Group (CSG) is recruiting a Chair.
Do you want to play a leading role in shaping the future of paediatric diabetes care? If so, we want to hear from you.
The children’s diabetes CSG is looking for a Chair to lead their work. You would have the chance to:
• Lead on identifying research gaps and priorities, both within the CSG and in collaboration with external stakeholders.
• Support and facilitate the development of new study proposals.
• Monitor the progress of the CSG, collaborate and report to Chairs across the CSGs, and work closely with Diabetes UK.
To apply, please send your CV and a supporting statement to the Diabetes UK Research Team at email@example.com, or get in touch for further information. Please see details here. Please note this is a voluntary role. The closing date for applications is 31 January 2020. Interviews will take place in first half of 2020.
We’re looking for someone who:
• has strong leadership skills and is an excellent communicator
• has relevant clinical expertise and academic excellence
• is committed involving parents of children with diabetes and young people
• has previous experience of chairing meetings effectively
• has a track record of promoting research collaboration
• is enthusiastic and committed to translating research into benefit
• is committed to confidentiality and willing to declare any conflicts of interest.
The membership term is three years, with the potential to extend for a further three. The Chair positions are undertaken on a voluntary basis. The CSG will be provided with financial support for two face to face meetings and at least one teleconference per year.
CSG 7 aims to improve our understanding of diabetes in children and young adults. This is a joint CSG with the British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (BSPED) and the National Institute for Health Research Clinical Research Network (NIHR CRN). It will consider all aspects of diabetes in children and young adults.
If you would like to share your views with CSG 7 on where research into children’s diabetes should be focussed, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSGs are bringing together researchers, healthcare professionals and people with diabetes to create a roadmap for new research.
- Peter Davies, Lay member, Surrey
- Sophie Lane, Lay member, Hertfordshire
- Emma Malcolmson, Lay member, Glasgow
- Katie Trigg, Lay member, Hertfordshire
- Dr Hasan Basarir, Health Economist, RTI Solutions
- Sara Bennett, Paediatric Research Nurse, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Jo Blair, Consultant Paediatric Endocrinologist, Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Fiona Campbell, Consultant Paediatric Diabetologist, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Professor David Dunger, Professor of Paediatrics, University of Cambridge
- Professor John Gregory, Professor in Paediatric Endocrinology; Honorary Consultant, Cardiff University
- Dr May Ng, Consultant Paediatric Endocrinologist, Southport & Ormskirk NHS Trust
- Dr Vijith Puthi, Consultant Paediatrician, North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Tabitha Randell, Consultant in Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Chelsea Slough, Paediatric Diabetes Dietitian, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Angela Waktare, Paediatric Endocrine Nurse Specialist, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Christina Wei, Honorary Senior Lecturer; Consultant in Paediatric Endocrinology, St George’s University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust