The Young people with diabetes group aims to improve our understanding of diabetes in children and young adults. This is a joint group with the British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (BSPED) and the National Institute for Health Research Clinical Research Network (NIHR CRN). It will consider all aspects of diabetes in children and young adults.
If you would like to share your views with the group on where research into children’s diabetes should be focussed, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair: Associate Professor May Ng
Associate Professor, University of Liverpool
Consultant Paediatric Endocrinologist and Associate Medical Director, Southport and Ormskirk NHS Trust
Chair of Association of Children’s Diabetes Clinicians UK
May Ng is also the Officer for Research for the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and has led on many national diabetes guidelines. With over 100 research publications, her interest include Cochrane reviews, new diabetes technologies and research that benefits improving the psychological and emotional well-being of children with diabetes.
The Diabetes Research Steering Groups are bringing together researchers, healthcare professionals and people with diabetes to create a roadmap for new research.
- Peter Davies, Lay member, Surrey
- Sophie Lane, Lay member, Hertfordshire
- Emma Malcolmson, Lay member, Glasgow
- Katie Trigg, Lay member, Hertfordshire
- Dr Hasan Basarir, Health Economist, RTI Solutions
- Sara Bennett, Paediatric Research Nurse, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Fiona Campbell, Consultant Paediatric Diabetologist, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Professor David Dunger, Professor of Paediatrics, University of Cambridge
- Professor John Gregory, Professor in Paediatric Endocrinology; Honorary Consultant, Cardiff University
- Dr Vijith Puthi, Consultant Paediatrician, North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
- Chelsea Slough, Paediatric Diabetes Dietitian, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Angela Waktare, Paediatric Endocrine Nurse Specialist, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Christina Wei, Honorary Senior Lecturer; Consultant in Paediatric Endocrinology, St George’s University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust