CSG 2 aims to further research into preventing and treating Type 1 diabetes. This CSG will cover the manipulation of the immune system for the prevention and treatment of Type 1 diabetes, alongside cell therapy and islet cell transplantation.
The group will also cover therapeutic targets and the development and study of drug treatments and insulin therapy in people with Type 1 diabetes.
If you would like to share your views with CSG 2 on where research into prevention, targets and therapies for Type 1 diabetes should be focussed, please get in touch: email@example.com.
Chair: Professor Colin Dayan, Cardiff University
Professor Colin Dayan has a long established interest in the underlying biology of Type 1 diabetes and is currently conducting early phase clinical trials in the development of Type 1 diabetes immunotherapy.
CSGs are bringing together researchers, healthcare professionals and people with diabetes to create a roadmap for new research.
- Associate Professor Ramzi Ajjan, Deputy Chair; Associate Professor; Consultant in Diabetes and Endocrinology, University of Leeds
- David Dupont, Lay member, Devon
- Becki Millar, Lay member, Ulster
- Dr James Cantley, Diabetes UK RD Lawrence Fellow, University of Oxford
- Dr Ivy Cheung, Statistician, Swansea University
- Dr Shareen Forbes, Reader in Endocrinology; Honorary Consultant Physician; Lead Diabetologist Islet Transplant Programme Scotland, University of Edinburgh
- Professor John Gregory, Professor in Paediatric Endocrinology; Honorary Consultant, Cardiff University
- Elaine Hibbert-Jones, Dietitian, Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport, (Wales)
- Katherine Jones, Diabetes Research Nurse, The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust
- Dr Parth Narendran, Reader in Diabetes Medicine; Honorary Consultant Physician, University of Birmingham
- Dr Vinod Patel, Professorial Clinical Teaching Fellow; Consultant Physician in Diabetes & Endocrinology, University of Warwick