CSG 3 aims to further research into preventing and treating Type 2 diabetes. This CSG will look at the prevention of Type 2 diabetes, including through lifestyle modification and behaviour change at the individual and population level.
It will consider socioeconomic factors, the environment, and whole system influences on behaviour. The group will also cover drug targets and therapies for people with Type 2 diabetes.
If you would like to share your views with CSG 3 on where research into prevention, targets and therapies for Type 2 diabetes should be focussed, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair: Dr Rob Andrews, University of Exeter
Dr Rob Andrews is recognised internationally for his research into the role that diet and exercise can play in preventing Type 2 diabetes.
CSGs are bringing together researchers, healthcare professionals and people with diabetes to create a roadmap for new research.
- James Harris, Deputy Chair; Lay member, Cornwall
- Terry Boreham, Lay member, High Wycombe
- Carolyn Newbert, Lay member, Oxon
- Dr Laura Gray, Associate Professor (Reader) of Population and Public Health Sciences; Co-Director of MSc Medical Statistics, University of Leicester
- Dr Angus Jones Clinical Senior Lecturer; NIHR Clinical Scientist; Honorary Consultant Physician, University of Exeter
- Dr Sarah Finer, Clinical Senior Lecturer; Honorary Consultant in Diabetes and Endocrinology, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Professor Jason Gill, Professor of Cardiometabolic Health, University of Glasgow
- Professor Colin Grieves, Professor of Psychology Applied to Health, University of Birmingham
- Professor Thomas Yates, Professor of Physical Activity, Sedentary Behaviour and Health, University of Leicester
- Dr Nicola Guess, Lecturer; Dietitian, King’s College London
- Dr Nigel Irwin, Senior Lecturer in Pharmacology, Ulster University
- Dr Naresh Kanumilli, General Practitioner with Special Interest in Diabetes; Diabetes Network Lead for Greater Manchester & East Cheshire; Primary Care research Lead for GMCRN, Northenden Group Practice, Manchester
- June McDonald, Nurse (recently retired), Gloucester