The food you love - celebrity recipe
Thanks to Angela Hartnett for providing this delicious recipe in support of our food you love campaign, featuring people living with diabetes cooking the recipes they love and sharing their own experiences.
We'll also send you some handy tips and advice every week to help you manage diabetes as a part of a healthy lifestyle.
1 bunch violet artichokes (6 pieces) 1 bunch watercress, washed & spun dry1 bunch rocket, washed & spun dry1 bunch rainbow chard (preferably baby), washed1 lemon1 pear, quartered & sliced.50g Pecorino romano
100ml white wine vinegar100ml extra virgin olive oil400ml waterMaldon salt to tasteA pinch of coriander seedsA pinch of white peppercorns 3 banana shallots peeled and sliced
- To make the pickling liquor bring the vinegar, oil, water, spice and shallots to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Peel and turn the artichokes, then cut into 2, 4 or 6 pieces depending on the size of the artichoke. Cook in the pickling liquor until just tender and transfer to a tray so they will cool.
- Cook the chard in boiling salted water until just tender, drain and cool in iced water and then drain again.
- To finish the salad, once the artichokes have cooled to room temperature (this will take about 1 hour), place all of the ingredients in a bowl and add a little squeeze of lemon and some of the oil from the artichoke liquor, add a generous amount of freshly ground pepper and caress with love so everything is coated, shiny and full of life.
- Divide between 4 serving plates and grate the pecorino over as if it is snowing and serve.