The food you love - celebrity recipe
Thanks to Vivek Singh for providing this delicious recipe in support of our food you love campaign, featuring people living with diabetes cooking the recipes they love and sharing their own experiences.
We'll also send you some handy tips and advice every week to help you manage diabetes as a part of a healthy lifestyle.
12 fresh king scallops (clean, wash and pat dry)2 tbsp vegetable oil½ teaspoon salt1 teaspoon coriander seeds (roasted and crushed)½ tablespoon cumin seeds (roasted and crushed)1dried red chilli medium size (crushed)Juice from ½ a lemon
250g assorted mushrooms (cleaned, washed and drained)1 tablespoons vegetable oil½ onion medium size finely sliced3 cloves garlic finely chopped1 cm ginger peeled and finely chopped2 green chillies finely chopped1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon lemon juice1 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and sear the scallops seasoning them with salt. Take the pan off the heat and set aside. Sprinkle the crushed spices onto the scallops to form a crust.
- In a separate pan heat the oil, sauté the onions, garlic, add the mushrooms, ginger, chillies, and cook them over high heat. Add salt and lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Check the seasoning and serve hot with the sauce.
100gm prawn shells1 tablespoon oil 3 tomatoes (medium size)3 garlic cloves1bay leaf1teaspoon coriander seeds1 teaspoon cumin seeds1 teaspoon red chilli powder1 cup water1 teaspoon Salt½ teaspoon Sugar (optional)2 tablespoons of coconut milk
- In a heavy bottomed pan heat oil, add the prawn shells and sauté till they loose colour. Add the rest of the ingredients except the coconut milk and cook over slow heat.
- Strain the tomatoes ensuring maximum extract is obtained as pulp. Re-heat the extract and add the coconut milk. Adjust the seasoning and serve.