We work with Government to inform decisions related to diabetes. We use our solid evidence base to communicate with and influence key decision makers. Our main areas of work are:
- Prevention of Type 2 diabetes: including the proposed Sugar Levy.
- Education for people with diabetes.
- Driving and diabetes: working with the DVLA.
- Diabetes care in schools.
- Lowering the number of diabetes-related amputations in the UK.
Much of our campaigning is carried out by our Diabetes Voices. They help make diabetes a priority both nationally and locally. From writing to their local health boss to speaking in Parliament, our Voices have done it all.
If you feel that not enough is being done in your local area for those with and at risk of diabetes then join the fight...