- Add the oil to a pan over a low-medium heat and add the ginger and garlic, mixing well for 1–2 mins.
- Now add the chilli flakes and stir for another minute.
- Add the kale and mix well for 2–3 mins.
- Turn the heat up, add the water, mix, put a lid on the pan and cook for a further 5–6 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice and serve.
- Kale stalks are edible but will take longer to cook than the leaves – if you remove and finely chop them first, you can cook them together with the leaves.
- Try cooking 200g kale with a chopped leek and a chopped, unpeeled apple in a very small amount of water.