- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and the garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the carrot and the sweet potato and continue to fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 12-15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return to the pan, stir through the parsley, season well and serve with crusty bread.
- Spice this up with 1 tsp curry paste or a pinch of chilli flakes.
- Try adding chopped coriander in place of the parsley.
- Freezing instructions: Freeze in portions then defrost in the fridge; or defrost in a microwave stirring regularly.