Elements of the day could include:
- A presentation or workshop about diabetes from a specialist healthcare professional
- The chance to find out your risk of Type 2 diabetes through a short Know Your Risk consultation
- Opportunities to meet with a dietitian who can provide advice about healthy eating
- An information stand with Diabetes UK literature and materials
- Promotional posters, flyers and emails to engage your colleagues in the event.
The Diabetes UK Know Your Risk consultations use our evidence-based risk score tool to determine an individual’s risk of Type 2 diabetes based on the key risk factors for the condition – including age, family history and waist size. It’s an important first step to help people understand how they can reduce their risk, and our trained assessors will provide personalised advice on the next steps.
We can deliver Know Your Risk consultations in private areas within your work site, or if you have outside space we can attend in our eye-catching blue bus. Consultations take around 10 minutes each, and we aim to complete between 50 and 100 during a one day event depending on the space available.
Want to find out more?
We’ll work with you to plan the most appropriate activities for your organisation, as well as provide a full evaluation report after the day to help you understand the numbers of people at risk of Type 2 diabetes on your site.
To discuss your requirements and receive a quote from Diabetes UK for your event, please email email@example.com and one of the team will give you a call.