March - October 2018
Various locations across the UK and online webinars.
The Royal College of Physicians’ QI Hub, in conjunction with Diabetes UK, will be running a rescheduled quality improvement collaborative for clinicians and their teams working in inpatient diabetes.
Physicians and their teams will be supported to implement improvements in the delivery of care for people with diabetes when in hospital, using an evidence-based approach based on the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s ‘Breakthrough Series’ model. They will join with other teams at the learning sessions to share practice and will be updated in methods of implementing and sustaining change for measurable improvements in care. They will receive coaching support in action periods between the sessions.
Who should attend?
People who want to improve care for patients and are motivated to achieve this using improvement techniques and incremental change.
This collaborative is designed for teams of three or four. It is recommend that teams should consist of at least one physician, one manager, and one other healthcare professional or, if possible, include a patient as a member of your team. (Teams may include more than four people working on the project in the Trust, but four places per team is the maximum available for the learning sessions. If a team member is unable to make a given learning session then another member of the team may take up their place)
What teams need to do?
- Teams should have identified one area of care within their service where national benchmarked data shows the need for improvement.
- Attendees need to plan to come as a team for the entire course (more information on dates and locations below).
- Teams must be committed to meet fortnightly, at a minimum, to progress their project during the improvement collaborative.
When and where?
There will be two cohorts running concurrently, one with taught sessions based at the Holiday Inn Regent’s Park in London and another with sessions based at the RCP North office in Liverpool.
- Mar 2018: Introductory calls – introduction to the programme and how to prepare for learning session 1
- 21 Mar 2018: Learning session 1 (Holiday Inn Regent’s Park, London)
- Mar 2018—Jun 2018: Action period 1 – including individual coaching calls
- 28 Jun 2018: Learning session 2 (Holiday Inn Regent’s Park, London)
- Jun—Sep 2018: Action period 2 – including individual coaching calls
- 19 Sep 2018: Learning session 3 & celebration (Holiday Inn Regent’s Park, London)
- Mar 2018: Introductory calls - introduction to the programme and how to prepare for learning session 1
- 11 Apr 2018: Learning session 1 (RCP North, Liverpool)
- Apr 2018—Jul 2018: Action period 1 – including individual coaching calls
- 4 Jul 2018: Learning session 2 (RCP North, Liverpool)
- Jul—Oct 2018: Action period 2 – including individual coaching calls
- 3 Oct 2018: Learning session 3 & celebration (RCP North, Liverpool)
£3,000 per team for three taught learning sessions and all additional support. Teams will need to cover their own travel and, where necessary, accommodation costs.
To register interest for this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
(You will need to provide the names, job titles, NHS trust and contact details of the team you plan to bring)
View programme leaflet (PDF, 513KB) for more information.