Our Good Diabetes Care in School Award is back. This prestigious award, the only such honour that Diabetes UK offers, is a fantastic way to demonstrate the great care provided to children with diabetes in your school. We celebrate the schools that work with parents and healthcare professionals to ensure children with diabetes have as easy an experience at school as possible.
It only takes 15 minutes to fill out the application, and you can join over 200 other schools that have beenawarded this honourin the last two years. Our first round of nominations will run from 1st May till 30th June.
What your school will get
- A beautiful glass trophy and award certificate, valid for two years.
- Use of the Good Diabetes Care in School Award logo on all your print and digital stationery.
- Feature on theDiabetes UK Honour Wall.
- An opportunity for positive local media attention about your school’s achievements.
- Ongoing support from us to help with best practice and updated methods of care.
How to get the award
- Nominate a school using our form - A member of school staff, a parent, a carer, a school governor or a health care professional can nominate a school. The school will be notified of their nomination. (Nominations opening soon)
- Read through the pack- You can download this, and it will be sent to you.
- Notify parents- Tell all parents and carers of students about your nomination.
- Get supporting documents ready - This includes a parent or carernomination support form, a healthcare professionalnomination support form, your up-to-date medical conditions policy and evidence you have told parents or carers about your nomination.
- Apply for the award - It’ll only take you 15 minutes.
Who the award is for
In order to qualify for the award, you need to meet several standards for diabetes care in your school. Take a look at theapplication form questions. This will help you ensure you meet all the required criteria.