September 2018 to September 2021
In the 7 rounds of applications, over the 3 years of the Good Care in School Awards period, 214 schools across the UK were granted Diabetes UK's prestigious Good Diabetes Care in School Award.
We're delighted to add the list of successful schools for 2018/21 towards the bottom of the page. This prestigious award was open to both primary and secondary schools. It was a fantastic way to demonstrate the great care provided to children with diabetes in school.
We celebrated those schools that work with parents and healthcare professionals to ensure children with diabetes have as easy an experience at school as possible.
Successful schools received:
- A beautiful trophy, that was valid for two years.
- Use of the Good Diabetes Care in School Award logo on all print and digital stationery for the duration of their award
- Featured on the Diabetes UK Honour Wall.
- Had the opportunity for positive local media attention about your school’s achievements.
- Ongoing support from us to help with best practice and updated methods of care.
The Good Diabetes Care in Schools Award was awarded by Diabetes UK based on information supplied by the school, parents of children attending the school and at least one independent healthcare professional at the time of award. School resources, practices and management may change at any time for reasons out of our control. Diabetes UK accepts no responsibility for any claims, losses or any type of damage whatsoever arising out of any reliance on an award, or its decision to make or not make an award to a school.