1. You understand that the entry fee of £5.00 is a non-refundable registration fee on confirmation of a place on The Thames Path Walk (“Event”). Children under the age of 18 are exempt from paying a registration fee. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times during the Event.
2. You agree to aim to raise as much as you can in sponsorship for Diabetes UK and to ensure this money is received by the charity within four weeks after the Event.
3. You may participate in the Event as an individual and/ or as part of a team subject to the instructions which can be found on the Website.
4. By submitting a Registration Form (whether on your own behalf or as part of a Participating Team), you confirm that, to the best of your knowledge and belief, you are healthy and fit to take part in the Event, understand and have considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and have voluntarily and freely chosen to participate in the Event entirely at your own risk.
5. In submitting a Registration Form on behalf of a Team, you further confirm that: (a) every member of the Team is healthy and fit to take part in the Event, (b) understands and has considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved (c) has voluntarily and freely chosen to participate in the Event entirely at his or her own risk and (d) agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
6. You acknowledge that participation in the Event involves physical activities and inherent risks and dangers of accidents, personal and bodily injury (including death) and property loss or damage. If you have any medical conditions that could be adversely affected by exercise, particularly a heart condition, or if you are in any doubt about your health, you must get clearance from your doctor before participating. You must not take part in this Event unless you are in good health on the day of the Event.
7. Diabetes UK does not provide any insurance, whether life or medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, death, loss and/ or damage that may arise in connection with the attendance at, and/ or participation in the Event by you. You are advised to obtain such insurance yourself if required or desired.
8. You acknowledge that you take part in this activity entirely at your own risk. You agree that you will not hold Diabetes UK or any of its representatives responsible for any injury, death or loss that might occur as a result of your participation in the Event, except to the extent that personal injury or death is caused by the negligence of Diabetes UK.
9. Digital videos and photographic images may be taken during the challenge by an official Diabetes UK photographer. Diabetes UK may use these Digital videos and photographic images in post event publicity and for future marketing materials including Newsletter, Websites, future Inspire Awards Events etc. We will not use these without your explicit permission.
10. You must declare any serious medical conditions to Diabetes UK and keep a record of your medical details and emergency contact details on you during the day. You agree that Diabetes UK may keep your medical details for health and safety purposes for the duration of the Event.
11. The personal data provided by you on registration for the Event will be used to process registration and to provide you with additional information about the Event. Our agent, Active Network LLC, provides the registration platform and helps us to process registrations. Active Network will only use your data for the registration process. Active Network is located in the US, but has committed to provide an equivalent level of protection for your data as provided in the EU.
13. You agree that these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.