Thank you to everyone who took part in UK Wide Cycle Ride this September. Together, you've raised an incredible £50,000 to help people affected by diabetes, with more to come. We're so grateful for all your support and every mile you cycled.
UK Wide Cycle Ride: 1 - 30 April 2021
Register your interest now for UK Wide Cycle Ride next April and saddle up for the ultimate challenge. Whether you're a keen cyclist, an everyday commuter, or like to feel the burn on your exercise bike - ride across the UK, whenever and however you can, and go the extra mile for people affected by diabetes. We'll be in touch when registration opens in September.
- free to register
- no minimum sponsorship requirement
- open to all abilities, from beginner to advanced
- you must be aged 18 or over to register and receive an online profile page - children are welcome to join, but they need a parent or guardian to register on their behalf
- you will need to source your own bike and track your miles; you can do this manually or with a smartphone app.
How we'll support you
We'll support you every pedal of the way with regular emails, an event Facebook group, training tips, fundraising advice and other resources.
You will also get your very own UK Wide Cycle Ride online profile page, where you will log your miles to keep a running total, earn virtual trophy badges, collect your online fundraising and share your progress with everyone on Facebook and Twitter.
And, by raising £50 before the end of the challenge you’ll receive your own UK Wide Cycle Ride medal - with extra rewards for higher fundraising amounts on offer too. Read our incentives terms and conditions.
Counting your miles
The easiest way to keep track of your miles is by using a smartphone and logging your distance on your online profile page. If you need help finding the best app for you, get in touch with us.
You can also keep track of your miles on your UK Wide Cycle Ride progress poster.
Why take part?
By jumping on your bike regularly, it can help you:
- feel more energetic and awake over time
- look after your blood pressure and heart health
- achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- sleep better
- reduce stress levels.
What are you waiting for? Register your interest and make every mile count for people affected by diabetes.