UK Wide Cycle Ride: 1 - 30 September 2021
This September, take your fitness up a gear and cycle across the UK virtually, your way.
Whether you’re a weekend warrior, casual rider or spin class hero, take on on our coast to coast cycle ride and pedal towards a stronger, healthier you.
Choose a distance that suits you from 150 miles to 500 miles, right up to 950 miles - the distance of Land’s End to John o’Groats. And then use your UK Wide Cycle Ride profile page to log your rides, collect donations and share your progress whilst earning virtual badges and fundraising rewards.
Make every mile count.
- free to register
- no minimum sponsorship requirement
- open to all abilities, from beginner to advanced
- you must be aged 18 or over to register and receive an online profile page - children are welcome to join, but they need a parent or guardian to register on their behalf
- you will need to source your own bike and track your miles; you can do this manually or with a smartphone app.
How we'll support you
We'll support you every pedal of the way with regular emails, an event Facebook group, training tips, fundraising advice and other resources.
You will also get your very own UK Wide Cycle Ride online profile page, where you will log your miles to keep a running total, earn virtual trophy badges, collect your online fundraising and share your progress with everyone on Facebook and Twitter.
And, by raising £50 before the end of the challenge you’ll receive your own UK Wide Cycle Ride medal - with extra rewards for higher fundraising amounts on offer too. Read our incentives terms and conditions.
Counting your miles
The easiest way to keep track of your miles is by using a smartphone and logging your distance on your online profile page. If you need help finding the best app for you, get in touch with us.
You can also keep track of your miles on your UK Wide Cycle Ride progress poster.
Why take part?
By jumping on your bike regularly, it can help you:
- feel more energetic and awake over time
- look after your blood pressure and heart health
- achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- sleep better
- reduce stress levels.
What are you waiting for? Sign up now and make every mile count for people affected by diabetes.