- Place the quinoa with 300ml of water in a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10–15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and fry the onion for 3–4 minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add the celery, courgette and potato, and continue to fry for 5–6 minutes.
- Then add the chilli, cumin and coriander, and fry for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano, season well with black pepper and simmer for 10–15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir through the quinoa and walnuts.
- Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) is a wholegrain nutritionally, but it is actually a seed. It's naturally gluten-free and rich in protein. Use it in place of rice or couscous to make pilafs and salads.
- You could add all sorts of vegetables such as peppers, mushrooms, peas or sweetcorn.