- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4 and lightly grease a large baking sheet with the rapeseed oil.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl, mash the banana with a fork, add the egg and beat well. Mix in the sugar, oil, vanilla extract and 50ml water.
- Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the banana and egg mixture, then fold in the sultanas and apple.
- Pile the mixture into 12 small irregular heaps on the greased baking sheet, using a fork to create lots of little spikes.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- These are best eaten when still warm but can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
- You could add other spices – try ground mixed spice, ginger, nutmeg or cardamom in place of the cinnamon.
- Adding banana means you use less sugar and fat, whilst boosting the nutrients.
- Freeze in freezer bags, wrapped in foil or greaseproof paper, for up to three months.