- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes on each side until browned.
- Place the couscous in an ovenproof dish. Mix together with the stock, red onion, red pepper, parsley and the lemon zest and juice, then pour over the couscous and stir.
- Place the chicken on top of the couscous, then spoon over the pesto and season to taste.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, fluff up the couscous with a fork. Serve hot or cold.
- For a vegetarian version, try adding marinated or smoked tofu instead of chicken.