- Add the chicken to a small pan of boiling water. Bring back to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the heat and leave in the water for 5 minutes.
- For the salad, cut the spring onions into 3cm pieces and then cut them lengthways to create matchsticks. Prepare all of the other salad ingredients, mix everything together and reserve.
- Add the oil to a small saucepan, then add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Next, add the chilli, garlic and ginger, and stir for 1 minute. Add the water, honey, peanut butter and sesame oil, and stir until everything has dissolved.
- Cut the chicken into small, thin pieces and add to the sauce, mixing to coat well.
- Put the salad onto a plate and arrange the chicken around the outside. Serve with wedges of lime.
- This dish works just as well with cooked prawns or pork, instead of chicken.
- For a vegetarian option, try using marinated tofu.
- To make this salad gluten-free, all you need to do is use gluten-free tamari in place of the soy sauce.