- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Heat the oil in a saucepan, then fry the onion for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, yellow pepper, mushrooms, chilli powder, oregano and cumin. Stir the ingredients together.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and carrot. Mix well. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat, cover with a lid, then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed beans and green lentils, mix, then bring back to boiling point. Stir and remove from the heat.
- Spread 4 tablespoons of the chilli mixture over the base of a large ovenproof dish. Lay the tortillas onto a board and divide the rest of the chilli mixture between them. Fold over the ends and roll up to seal. Place them in a row in the ovenproof dish.
- Mix the yogurt and grated Cheddar together, and dot over the enchiladas. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve with salad.
- The chilli mixture is great served on baked sweet potatoes or rice, or spoon it over tortilla chips to make healthier nachos.
- The chilli filling is also freezable.