- Prepare the cold fillings and have the hot fillings cooked and warm.
- Place the tortillas in a stack in a dry frying pan over a low heat, and turn them regularly so each side is warmed but not toasted. Heat one side of the tortilla in direct contact with the pan and then move it to the top of the stack. Repeat so that all the tortillas are warmed. Don’t crisp the outside – they need to be easy to fold, but you can crisp them up once they’re folded, if you like.
- Lay the tortillas out then add a few ingredients covering the bottom half of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle on a little Cheddar and chilli sauce or seasoning (if using) then roll up, tucking in the sides.
- Place the rolled up tortillas onto a dry frying pan over a low heat, seam side down. Cook for a couple of minutes, turning a couple of times to cook evenly.
- You could also add cooked diced potato or sweet potato, mushrooms, grilled or smoked fish.