- Put the blackberries and light brown sugar into a saucepan with 1 tbsp water and heat gently for 2-3 minutes to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat. Grease six individual pudding basins with low-fat cooking spray. Share the blackberry mixture between them.
- Put the spread, caster sugar, eggs and flour into a mixing bowl and beat together for 1 minute, until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Share between the pudding basins and cover the tops with foil. Place in a steamer and steam for 30 minutes, topping up with boiling water, if necessary. Run a knife around the sides of the basins, then turn out the puddings. Heat the low-fat custard to serve.
- You could also make this pudding with apples or pears, or other fruits such as raspberries or blueberries.
- If you don't have a steamer, bake the puddings instead. Place them in a roasting pan with enough warm water to come about half way up the sides, then bake at 180°C/gas 4 for 25 minutes.
- Freezing instructions: Defrost, then heat in the microwave to serve.