- Heat a large, non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and dry fry until soft. Add the celery, lentils and thyme.
- Pour in the water mixed with vinegar, tomatoes and kidney beans, then stir in the stock powder.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a gentle simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, until the lentils are soft, adding a little water if required. Season to taste.
- Use gluten-free vegetable stock powder to make this recipe gluten free
- For a wine-free alternative, use 300ml of water with a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- You can also make this dish with 2 cans of mixed beans, or with a can of beans and a can of lentils.
- Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge and reheat until piping hot throughout.