- Prepare all your ingredients and assemble a selection of toppings.
- Lay the slices of bread on a grill pan and toast one side, then remove from the grill and turn the bread over.
- Arrange all the toppings on the bread, to create a selection of different crostini. Make a few of each type. It doesn’t matter if the toppings overlap a little.
- Sprinkle each crostini with a little grated Cheddar.
- Grill until starting to brown and serve.
- As you’re only flashing things under the grill, you’ll need to pre-cook most vegetables, such as mushrooms or sweet peppers. Then, it’s just a matter of assembling the crostini and grilling for a few minutes.
- This recipe is really easy to adapt – we’ve suggested toppings, but you can choose your favourites or use up what you have in the fridge.
- Crostini are great for using up stale bread. You can use most breads apart from pre sliced because you need a thick slice with a crust.