- Mash half the beans thoroughly with a fork until quite smooth. Slightly crush the other half, then combine together.
- Mix in the spring onions, cucumber, yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lemon, mint and pepper, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetable sticks for dipping.
- Mix the pâté again, sprinkle with paprika and serve.
- Works well with cannellini or haricot beans. For a vegan version use a non-dairy yogurt alternative.
- Spice it up with a teaspoon of curry paste. You could use any vegetables for dipping - choose a variety of colours to keep things exciting.
- Freezing instructions: dip suitable for freezing. Defrost in the fridge and use immediately.