- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onions, squash and green pepper. Stir regularly for 5 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, red lentils, oregano, chilli and garlic. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, add a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and heat for a further 10 minutes, check the squash is cooked through (until tender). Serve with a good grind of black pepper and a sprinkle of parsley.
- Ideal with pumpkin instead of the butternut squash.
- Any beans work well, you could use two different types or cans of mixed beans.
- Try stuffing into halved peppers, top with a sprinkle of cheese and bake in the oven 180°/gas 4 for 15 minutes until the pepper is soft and the cheese browned.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Then defrost in the fridge and reheat in the mircowave or on a hob until piping hot throughout.