- Remove the stalks from the cauliflower, roughly break into pieces and hand grate or blitz in a food processor.
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl, cover with cling film and pierce the film a couple of times. Cook in the microwave on high for 4-5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, place the cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and squeeze over the sink to remove excess water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the spring onions, garlic and red pepper, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the cumin and pepper and mix well, then add the frozen peas and sultanas and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower and top with coriander and almonds.
- There are endless variations for this pilaf. You could add other vegetables, such as broad beans, celery, fennel or courgettes and herbs, such as fresh mint, parsley or dill.
- You could also add fruits, such as pomegranate or cranberries.
- If you don’t have a microwave, steam the cauliflower in Step 2, for 2 minutes.
- Freezing instructions: Defrost then heat in the microwave or on the hob over a medium heat to serve.