- When cutting scones try not to twist the cutter as this can stop them rising as well.
- You can use any cheese you like, this recipe is great for using odds and ends of cheese.
- Try adding herbs such as fresh basil or half a teaspoon of dried thyme
- Tasty when split in half and spread with a little low fat cream cheese and sprinkled with finely chopped cucumber and fresh chives.
- Freezing instructions: Defrost for 2 hours to serve, or defrost/warm in the microwave or a moderate oven.
We use these symbols throughout our recipes to make it easier to choose recipes to suit you. However, this information should not replace specific advice from your healthcare professional.
Nutritional information explained
The carb values of these meals relate to the total amount of carbs from all ingredients. If you are carb counting, you may not need to include them all in calculating your insulin dose. Speak to your healthcare team if you're unsure.
Traffic light symbols / colours
- Red = high
- Amber = medium
- Green = low
Traffic lights for these recipes are determined by the whole portion size. Comparison of the traffic lights for different recipes should be based on 100g of each portion.