- Add the sunflower oil to a large pan or wok, then add the onion and cookfor 2 minutes.
- Next, add the chicken and stir constantly for 3-4 minutes, making sure the pieces don't stick together.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms and courgette. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes, again, stirring constantly.
- Next, add the soya beans, Chinese five-spice, soy sauce, garlic and noodles.
- Mix well for another 3-4 minutes until the noodles are hot through.
- For a gluten-free alternative, use rice noodles and gluten-free tamari.
- Go veggie by using marinated tofu pieces instead of chicken.
- Shiitake mushrooms are a natural flavour enhancer and far healthier than the monosodium glutamate used in many Chinese takeaways.