- For a gluten-free alternative, use rice noodles and gluten-free tamari.
- You could swap out the soya beans for chickpeas or frozen green beans.
- Go veggie by using marinated tofu pieces instead of chicken.
- This recipe would also work well with turkey instead of chicken.
- Shiitake mushrooms are a natural flavour enhancer and far healthier than the monosodium glutamate used in many Chinese takeaways.
We use these symbols throughout our recipes to make it easier to choose recipes to suit you. However, this information should not replace specific advice from your healthcare professional.
Nutritional information explained
The carb values of these meals relate to the total amount of carbs from all ingredients. If you are carb counting, you may not need to include them all in calculating your insulin dose. Speak to your healthcare team if you're unsure.
Traffic light symbols / colours
- Red = high
- Amber = medium
- Green = low
Traffic lights for these recipes are determined by the whole portion size. Comparison of the traffic lights for different recipes should be based on 100g of each portion.