- Place the chicken breast between pieces of cling film and bash with a mallet/rolling pin to make a flat escalope, approx. 4-5mm thick. Then divide into 2 equal portions.
- Brush the chicken breast pieces with 1 tsp of the oil. Place on a hot frying or griddle pan and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan heat the remaining tsp oil and add the garlic and spring onions and cook for 2 minutes until the onions are soft. Then add the parsley and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the pepper, lemon juice and 1 tbsp water. Stir in the yogurt.
- Put the chicken on a plate and serve with the sauce.
- This works well with turkey, beef or pork escalopes. Or try the sauce with grilled fish.
- The 'bashing' tenderises the meat and makes the fillet much faster to cook so is ideal for barbecues.