- Add the lemon zest to a large bowl with the pepper, and olive oil.
- Next, add the red onion, tomatoes and cucumber, mix well and leave to infuse for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and tuna, and fold in gently so everything is coated with the dressing.
- Finally, toss in the salad leaves and divide between two lunch boxes, packed with a lemon wedge to squeeze over before eating.
- Acidic ingredients, like lemon juice, will make your salad go limp, so take a wedge of lemon in your packed lunch to use just before eating.
- Salmon or prawns make a good alternative to tuna. For a vegan version, try pieces of marinated tofu.