- Place the beaten egg, pepper, Parmesan cheese, flour and baking powder in a bowl, and mix well.
- Mix in the courgette and spring onion (reserving 1 tbsp to serve).
- Add the oil to a large non-stick pan, place 1 tbsp of the mixture in the pan and flatten slightly to create a fritter about ¾–1cm thick, repeating in batches until all the mixture is used. (Depending on the size of your pan, you should be able to cook 3–4 fritters at a time.) As the fritters are ready, place on a plate and set aside.
- Cook the fritters for 2–3 minutes, until lightly browned, then flip over and cook the other side (again for 2–3 minutes).
- Meanwhile, add all the salsa ingredients to a bowl. Mix together well and set aside.
- When all the fritters are ready, sprinkle with the remaining spring onion and serve with the salsa. (You can serve the fritters either warm or cold.)