- Add the asparagus to a pan of boiling water and cook for 5–7 minutes until tender.
- Add the vinegar to a large pan of boiling water, gently crack the eggs into it and poach for 3–4 minutes.
- Split and toast the muffins under a preheated grill, then spread with a little cream cheese. Halve each muffin again, creating 4 semi-circles. Arrange the muffins on two plates, then divide the ham and the asparagus between each. Top each muffin with a poached egg, season and serve.
- You could make this dish with spinach or a grilled large, flat mushroom, instead of asparagus.
- Wholemeal muffins make great bases for mini pizzas, which are ideal for children's meals.
- 'At risk' groups such as infants, children, pregnant women, the elderly and those who are unwell should avoid soft/lightly cooked and raw eggs, unless they can guarantee that they are produced under the Lion code quality assurance scheme.