- Place all the hummus ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until almost smooth and well combined.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and serve with the warmed pitta.
- This recipe is a great source of fibre, which is essential for good digestive health.
- If you don't have any tinned chickpeas you could use dried ones, and follow the pack instructions to prepare and cook them.
- To add extra flavour, add 1 tsp of tahini, or 1 tsp smoked paprika or cumin. To give it more zing, add the grated zest of lemon.
- Freezing instructions: Freeze in portions then defrost in the fridge, or microwave, taking care to stir regularly.