- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Slice the vegetables very thinly – a mandoline slicer is perfect.
- Spray a little oil over a baking sheet and arrange the vegetable slices ensuring they don't overlap. You may need to make them in separate batches depending on the size of your oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes, until lightly browned. It's vital to turn the vegetables frequently during cooking as they can easily burn. You may need to remove some crisps before the 20 minutes is up, as some will cook faster than others.
- When all the crisps are ready, allow them to cool then mix together and serve.
- Take care not to burn your veggies. Root vegetables have a lot of natural sugar, so can scorch if you have the oven too high or don’t turn often enough during cooking.
- You can cook the crisps in the microwave on 300W for 10 minutes, then 1 minute on full power, which works quite well but only for smaller batches.