- Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour, then gradually stir in the egg and milk mixture until you get a smooth batter. Ideally, leave the batter to stand for a few minutes before cooking.
- Lightly crush half the blueberries with a fork and mix these into the batter, along with the remaining (whole) blueberries.
- Add a little oil to a non-stick pan, then add the batter to the pan, 1 tbsp at a time, to create small pancakes, making sure the blueberries are evenly distributed.
- Cook the pancakes on a medium heat for 2–3 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 2 minutes. The pancakes are ready to turn when you see bubbles appearing on the surface. Sprinkle with a little sugar before serving, if using. Serve with some low-fat yogurt or low-fat crème fraiche, if liked.
- You should be able to cook 3–4 pancakes at a time, depending on pan size, but it’s a good idea to just cook one pancake first to check the pan isn’t too hot or too cool.
- Keep the first batch of pancakes warm by placing on a plate over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Freezing instructions: Defrost for 2 hours, or defrost/warm in the microwave or a moderate oven.