- Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash well or pass through a potato ricer. Leave to cool completely, then stir through the beaten eggs, nutmeg and flour and season well.
- Whisk the egg whites, until they form soft peaks, then gently fold through the potato mixture. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the mixture in spoonfuls and cook for 2–3 minutes until golden.
- Place on a piece of kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil, then serve.
- Spice up your pancakes by adding half tsp turmeric and 1 tsp curry powder to the mixture.
- These pancakes make a great alternative to bread to serve with soup.
- Freezing instructions: Freeze with greaseproof paper between each pancake. Defrost for 1 hour, or in the microwave then reheat in a pan or microwave.