- Heat the sunflower oil in a medium pan, add the onion, garlic, red and green peppers and chilli, fry for 3-4 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Lightly crush half the pulses using the back of a fork. Add to the pan with the remaining pulses, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, sweetcorn, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir through the coriander and serve with the cooked rice.
- You can add more or less chilli, depending on how hot (or not) you like your food.
- Why not try red or green lentils, red kidney beans or chickpeas.
- Freezing instructions (not rice): Suitable for freezing once cooked. Then defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping hot throughout.