- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and the cumin seeds and fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the parsnips and apple and continue to fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 20–25 minutes, until the parsnips are tender.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and whiz until smooth. Season to taste.
- To make the parsnip crisps, peel the parsnip then slice it into very thin crisps using a peeler. Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the parsnip strips until crisp and golden then drain on kitchen paper.
- Top the soup with the parsnip crisps and serve.
- Spice up the soup with 1 tsp of curry paste.
- Freezing instructions: Freeze in portions then defrost in the fridge, or defrost in a microwave stirring regularly.