- Add the pasta to a pan of boiling water, cook for 8 minutes, then drain.
- Meanwhile, add the oil to a pan and mix in the onion, yellow pepper and carrot. Stir regularly for 5 minutes, until starting to brown.
- Add the stock and oregano, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and add the soya beans and cabbage. Bring back to a gentle boil, stirring regularly for 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta, bring back again to a gentle boil, then remove from the heat.
- Divide into two bowls and add a blob of pesto to each. To serve, sprinkle with plenty of black pepper and a little parmesan cheese.
- This is great for using up any dried, broken-up pasta and almost any vegetables.
- Choose reduced-salt stock to lower the salt in this dish, or make your own.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Then defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping hot throughout.