- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4 and lightly grease a baking tray (approx 20cm x 25cm) with 1 tsp of the rapeseed oil.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, rapeseed oil and almond essence together.
- Add the flour and baking powder, mix well and add to the baking tray.
- Arrange the pears on top, sprinkle with the almonds and the reserved tsp of sugar. Bake for 20-22 minutes. The cake is cooked when a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Tinned pears also work well in this recipe.
- You could use other fruit such as apples, peaches, nectarines, cherries or plums in this traybake.
- Try using a different essences, such as vanilla or lemon or add some grated lemon or orange zest.
- Freeze wrapped in foil or greaseproof in labelled freezer bags for up to three months.