- Slice the chicken breasts into 2-3 pieces, depending on size, to create 1cm thick slices.
- Place the chicken slices in a food bag and add the olive oil, chillies, garlic, paprika and lime juice. Mix well so the chicken is coated. Set aside for 15 minutes or place in the fridge and leave overnight.
- Heat your grill, barbecue or griddle pan and add the chicken. Turn over after 3 minutes and cook for another 3 minutes. Check it's cooked through, ensuring there is no pink meat in the middle. Place on a plate.
- Finally, cut the lime in half and pop it, cut-side down, onto the griddle for a couple of minutes. Serve with the chicken.
- You could also use this piri piri marinade on turkey or pork escalopes, too.
- For a veggie version, cook and cool large chunks of vegetables such as carrots, beetroot, sweet potatoes, potatoes or butternut squash and marinate them in the piri piri mixture before grilling or barbecuing.
- To freeze, wrap in foil/greaseproof inside freezer bags and label. They'll keep for up to 3 months.