- Put the nuts in a sealable bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Toast the bread.
- Remove the stone and skin from the avocado, then peel the banana. Place both in a bowl.
- Using the back of a fork, mash the banana and avocado together into a mush, then stir in the nuts, reserving a few to sprinkle on top.
- Spread the mixture over the toast and sprinkle with a few nuts. Or slice the toast into fingers and dip the slices like soldiers.
- You can use gluten-free bread or dip sticks of carrot, celery or sweet peppers instead.
- Try using other nuts such as almonds or walnuts, or a mixture of sunflower and pumpkin seeds.